is a series of Autonomous
robotic vacuum cleaners sold by iRobot.
Under normal operating conditions, it is able to navigate a living space and
common obstacles while vacuuming the floor. Several updates and new models
have since been released that allow the Roombas to better negotiate obstacles
and optimize cleaning.
• Serial Port
communication available also via Bluetooth
• Full control of all its motors
• Full control of all its leds.
• Full control of all its midi sounds.
• Full access to all its sensors.
• Force-seeking-dock functionality.
• Simulation of Remote Control
• Sensors: bumps wheeldrops, wall, cliff, virtual wall, dirt detector, distance, angle, charging state, voltage, temperature and more...
iRobot Create is a hobbyist robot manufactured by iRobot that is based on the Roomba platform and was introduced in 2007. However, iRobot Create is explicitly designed for robotics development, rather than simply hacking the
Roomba. In place of the vacuum hardware of the Roomba, the Create includes a cargo bay which houses a 25 pin port that can be used for digital and analog
input and output. The Create also possesses a serial port through which sensor
data can be read and motor commands can be issued using the iRobot Roomba Open Interface protocol.