Launch the program and make the robot move! The NXT screen will give you most of the instructions, but the first time you use Anyway, you might want to follow the these more clearly explained steps.
* Start the program as you normally would: Turn the NXT on, and navigate to 'My Files > Software files > Anyway > Run'.
* The robot will ask you to select which wheels you attached to your robot.
Make the selection by clicking one of the NXT buttons as indicated on the screen. See the last page of the instructions to see which wheels you are using.
* Next, you can select the speed at which your robot should move around. Choose 'still' the first time you run the program. The robot will then balance in place. If it all works well, you can choose 'slow' or 'fast'.
* Now, lay the robot still (i.e. on the ground), and press the Enter button. Your robot will now calibrate the gyro sensor. Do not move the robot until it's said "Ok".
* Now hold your robot upright (in its balanced position) as it counts down. Make sure that as you start the program, there should be no objects within 3 feet of the robot's eyes.
* After it has said 'start', you can let it go, and your robot should now balance!