Homer and Bart are two of the main characters in The Simpsons. Homer is lazy, usually thinking of food, beer or
sleep. Bart is cheeky. Both are loud, in your face character individuals, who
sometimes act before thinking.
General information about the personalities
Homer and Bart are separate
personalities- either can run in an ERS 220 AIBO. If you have 2 Aibos, the two
personalities are designed to recognise each other. They can walk and talk at the same time. You can also pause
them by saying STOP (more details below)
Specific commands/ actions (for either personality)
- Taking a photo - is a two-stage process. First press the head button. When
you release the head button he will make a suitable verbal command, and quickly
take a photo. You can also use the voice command "Take a picture"
- Singing. Both characters have The Simpsons theme song (they sing at boot
up). You can replay this, and other songs. It is up to you to discover how.
- Voice commands- most of the voice commands have been customised. Try them
out to see what treats are in store. Both personalities will take directions
(turn left, sit, stand, turn around etc). Some recommended voice commands
include "Whats your name", "are you hungry", "cheer up". Try out the others too,
there are several surprises.
- "Stop"- If Bart get into trouble, or if you just want him to sit
perfectly still for a while, say "STOP". He will sit down, and remain still
(and quiet) until you press the head button.
1. These are YART personalities, so feel free to modify them.
2. If either character seems to freeze- try giving them a verbal command- if
that doesnt work- press the head button- if that doesnt work tip them on their